- Trump’s administration announced that the US will be suspending all travel from Europe, excluding the UK, to the US for 30 days to contain the spread of COVID-19.
- WHO declared Coronavirus outbreak a world pandemic after 118,000 cases confirmed in 114 countries including 4,291 deaths.
- Al Jazeera (https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/03/declares-coronavirus-global-pandemic-live-updates-200311235023766.html)
- Camp Taji in Iraq that hosts the US-led coalition against Islamic State was attacked by 18 rockets which led to 3 deaths and 12 wounds.
- Pakistan’s Parliament passed the first national law that targets child abuse offender, two years after the case of rape and murder of a seven-year-old girl shocked the nation.
- The Guardian (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/12/pakistan-passes-law-against-child-abuse-in-wake-of-zainab-ansari-case)
- The US congress passed a more powerful resolution that limit Trump’s military action against Iran, and will now proceed to the white house where Trump is expected to VETO.
- Sputnik (https://sputniknews.com/us/202003111078542121-us-congress-passes-war-powers-resolution-limiting-trumps-military-action-against-iran/)
- Thailand cancelled the grant of visa on arrivals for 18 countries and visa exemption of three others, namely South Korea, Italy, and Hong Kong to contain COVID-19.
- Bangkok Post (https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1876449/thailand-cancels-visa-on-arrival-for-18-countries-visa-exemptions-for-3)
- Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister had a phone conversation with Malaysian counterparts to discuss strengthening bilateral ties to fight COVID-19.
- Myanmar’s parliament has blocked a bid by Aung San Suu Kyi’s party to reduce the role of the military in politics.
- Japan Times (https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/03/11/asia-pacific/politics-diplomacy-asia-pacific/myanmar-parliament-aung-san-suu-kyi-military/#.XmmR9m5uJPY)
- A foreign patient has become the first person with COVID-19 to die in Indonesia, a health ministry official said , adding that it is unclear if the virus had caused her death.
- Channel NewsAsia (https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/indonesia-bali-first-covid-19-death-foreigner-coronavirus-12526222)
- The Garment Manufacturers Association in Cambodia (GMAC) said 12 more Chinese ships transporting raw materials for garment industry will arrive in Cambodia this week.
- The Ministry of Justice had denounced the World Justice Project report that ranked Cambodia at 127 out of 128 in its rule of law performance.
- The Phnom Penh Post (https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ministry-refutes-justice-ranking)
- The new Ministry of Industry,Science, Technology and Innovation is to respond to the emerging and global Technological trends and has two subs-units under the reformed .
- Khmer Times (https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50700789/new-ministry-in-the-vanguard-of-digital-revolution-in-kingdom)
- Ministry of Health spokeswoman suggested journalists not to spread the identity of COVID-19 patients due to right to privacy violation.