- The EU faced criticism over its slow reaction for the medical supplies for the members that were hit the hardest by the pandemic, calling the move a gesture of reciprocity.
Source: South China Morning Post (https://www.scmp.com/news/china/politics/article/3075659/coronavirus-germanys-angela-merkel-plays-down-chinas-provision)
- After West Virginia’s governor found a case of COVID-19, the US has now confirmed coronavirus cases in all 50 states while the death toll rises to 100.
- Vladimir claimed that Russia is able to keep the epidemic under their control as the Chinese pathogen continues to heavily tolling around the globe.
- The European leaders agreed to impose immediate travel restriction on most countries that enter Europe for at least 30 days to contain the spread of the coronavirus.
- India External Affairs Ministry rejected a joint declaration issued by China and Pakistan over the Kashmir region, this joint affair during Arif Alvi’s visit to Beijing this week.
- SK and the US opened a new round of defense talks to engage in negotiations with the aim to strike a complete deal that seeks to reach a partial agreement on furloughs.
Source: KBS World Radio (http://world.kbs.co.kr/service/news_view.htm?lang=e&Seq_Code=152105)
- China effectively restricted 3 journalists from 3 of the US newspapers and the journalists will be unable to work in semi-autonomous cities where there is greater freedom of press.
Source: BBC (https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-51938035)
- WHO called for aggressive action in Southeast Asia to contain the fastest growing coronavirus that the situation in some countries has transmitted to the deadly disease.
- Malaysia and the Philippines had their daily life restricted as the countries prepared for the lockdown in or out country with the effort to contain the infections.
- The Council for the Development of Cambodia has approved three new investment projects worth US$7 million that will create 2000 jobs for local people.
Source: Khmer Times
- Three Cambodia’s viver vessels denied docking in Vietnam due to fear of COVID-19, according to the owner there’re 77 passengers onboard, the water and food will run off.
- The Ministry of Health confirmed 9 new cases of COVID-19; six of which were found in Cambodian Muslims who returned from a religious event in Malaysia.
Source: The Phnom Penh Post (https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/kingdom-sees-nine-new-covid-19-cases)
- Prime Minister Hun Sen announced that all religious gatherings are banned after 17 new cases of COVID-19 are found in Cambodian Muslims who returned from Malaysia.