- Italy’s death toll rose to 3,405 from coronavirus pandemic and continues to rise overtaking total registered fatalities in China.
- The Health Ministry has confirmed 10 more cases of COVID-19 in Phnom Penh, Kandal, Kampong Cham and Battambang, raising the total cases to 47.
Source: Khmer Times (https://www.khmertimeskh.com/703477/covid-19-cases-rise-to-47/)
- Trump will cancel an in person meeting of the G7 leaders in the US at Camp David due to the Coronavirus and the meeting will be held in the video based setting instead.
Source: Arutz Sheva (http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/277558)
- The planned state visit to the UK by the Japanese emperor and the empress has been postponed and will be rescheduled later, according to Buckingham Palace.
- UN secretary-general Antonio Guterres warned that millions of people will die in poor countries if they allow it to spread unchecked.
- Foreign Ministers of South Korea, China, and Japan will hold a video conference to enhance trilateral cooperation in a fight against the coronavirus pandemic.
- The Bank of Korea and the US Federal Reserve’s Board of Governors agreed to sign a 60-billion-dollar currency swap deal that will last at least 6 months.
Source: KBS World Radio (http://world.kbs.co.kr/service/news_view.htm?lang=e&Seq_Code=152163)
- The Muslim pilgrims that drew thousand of muslims to Indonesia has been cancelled amid the fears that it might further spread the coronavirus pendamic.
Source: National Post
- The authority of Mainland China has reported a zero local case of the coronavirus for the second day but the infection case of foreigners in the country surged to a new record.
- Cambodian King Norodom Sihamoni and Queen Mother Norodom Monineath Sihanouk have donated USD 300,000 to the Cambodian Government to combat COVID-19. Source: Fresh News (http://en.freshnewsasia.com/index.php/en/localnews/17377-2020-03-19-13-34-54.html)
- The Ministry of Information accused around 47 facebook pages and accounts that spread false news regarding Coronavirus that stirred up social panic in the people.
Source: The Phnom Penh Post
- The government and campaigners postpone the plan on building new hydropower dams on the Mekong river that provide a rich resource to livelihood that resides along the river.
- Dairy industry in Cambodia is being prioritized as the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries has asked for support from the Food and Agriculture Organization.
Source: Khmer Times