- France approved tougher penalties for defying a nationwide confinement order as the coronavirus death toll rose, with the country’s medical profession among the victims.
Source: Channel NewsAsia
- DPRK launched two short-range ballistic missiles into the sea off the east coast of the Korean peninsula, drawing the US and China to talk North Korea to a negotiation table.
- Iran’s leader refuses the assistance from the US to fight the COVID-19, claiming that the virus is specifically made for the Iranians using their genetic data.
- Italy banned internal travelling as an additional attempt to slow down the spread of coronavirus while the death toll rose to 651 lifting the total number of fatalities to 5,476.
- German chancellor Angela Merkel will quarantine herself at home and get tested regularly for COVID-19 after the doctor who has treated her tested positive .
- China saw a decline in daily cases of COVID-19 as the country expanded measures to contain the outbreak as the daily case dropped from 46 to 39 on Sunday.
Source: Channel NewsAsia
- Malaysian government deployed the army to curb the spread of COVID-19 as the country currently has the biggest cases in ASEAN with a total of 1,306 cases and 10 deaths.
Source: Bangkok Post
- Singapore will ban all entry and transit to tighten border control to reduce further imported cases as the country confirmed 23 new cases, 18 of which are imported cases.
Source: Xinhua Net (http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2020-03/22/c_138905415.htm)
- Prime Minister Abe said the postponing of the Olympic Games is a possible option since the event cannot be held in a complete form amid the coronavirus outbreak.
Source: The Straits Times (https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/japan-pm-abe-says-postponing-tokyo-olympics-an-option)
- Cambodia Ministry of Health released a statement confirming 31 new cases, wherein 29 are French nationals and 2 are Cambodians, bringing the total to 84.
- Cambodia is included as one of the top destinations for Dubai exports and potential bilateral trade in the future along with other ASEAN countries.
Source: Khmer Times
- Three Cambodians who are living in one family in South Korea have been infected with COVID-19 as confirmed by Cambodian Ambassador to South Korea Long Dimanche.
Source: Fresh News
- The Ministry of Education Youth and Sport urged parents to provide home education to children with enough materials, including a computer and internet connection.
Source: The Phnom Penh Post