- According to the MoH, Cambodia confirmed three new cases of COVID-19 tallying up the total case to 87 within the 4 days.
Source: Fresh News
- The IMF chief warned of a global economic recession that the COVID-19 pandemic will cause and could be worse than that of the global financial crisis in 2008 and 2009.
Source: KBS World Radio (http://world.kbs.co.kr/service/news_view.htm?lang=e&Seq_Code=152244)
- President Trump said he wants to reopen the country in weeks as the lockdown is causing more problems than the pandemic itself.
Source: U.S. News (https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2020-03-23/trumps-dilemma-how-to-protect-both-health-and-economy)
- Prime Minister Boris Johnson has put the British people in full lockdown, and only limited essential purposes of leaving their house are allowed.
Source: Business Insider (https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-uk-lockdown-public-ordered-stay-at-home-covid-19-2020-3)
- Leaders of several European countries are considering using the phone data of the citizens to track down their personal interactions in an attempt to curb the spread of COVID-19.
Source: FOX News (https://www.foxnews.com/tech/european-countries-tracking-phone-data-stop-coronavirus)
- Mainland Chinese authorities have reported 78 new coronavirus infection cases, 74 of which are imported cases, seeing a double increase from yesterday.
Source: The Straits Times (https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/mainland-chinas-new-coronavirus-infections-up-by-two-fold-to-78-cases?cx_testId=20&cx_testVariant=cx_1&cx_artPos=9#cxrecs_s)
- Singapore confirmed 54 new cases of COVID-19 infected to the patient returned from EU, North America, ASEAN countries and infected by locals.
- India imposed lockdown measures on over 100 million people in the capital New Delhi and other 80 cities and districts to fight the COVID-19.
Source: Al Jazeera
- Myanmar confirmed the first case of the COVID-19 after weeks of claiming that the deadly virus did not develop within their territory.
Source: CNA (https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/myanmar-confirms-first-coronavirus-cases-12569458)
- PM HUN SEN ordered all the provinces’ governors to take action immediately to prepare the places to treat the infected patients after the number increases from day to day.
Source: Khmer Times
- The Minister of Health and Chinese ambassador received the seven experts from China on Monday at the airport to fight COVID-19 in Cambodia.
- The 31 French tourists who were tested positive for COVID-19 have traveled to multiple destinations in Cambodia before their last stop in Phnom Penh to fly back home.
Source: Khmer Times
- The government suspended hydropower dam development as the WWF-Cambodia worked with the government to support the development of a sustainable energy plan.
Source: Thmey Thmey
- Product retailers in Cambodian are instructed not to raise the price during the panic buying because of the spread of coronavirus.
Source:Khmer Times (https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50705054/retailers-told-to-not-price-gouge-from-panic-buying/)