- One of the major UN conferences, the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty review, is likely to be postponed as the coronavirus pandemic overrides the world agenda.
Source: The Washington Post (https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/nuclear-nonproliferation-treaty-review-likely-postponed/2020/03/24/d90dea78-6e1a-11ea-a156-0048b62cdb51_story.html?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=wp_world)
- The Trump administration is considering lifting a tariff responsibility on imported goods around the world for 90 days, though the proposal received a public outcry from locals.
Source: BNN Bloomberg (https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/trump-administration-said-to-weigh-90-day-deferral-of-tariffs-1.1411809)
- The US cut $1bn in aid to Afghanistan and threatened to reduce further in the next following year over the failure of political unity within the country.
Source: BBC News
- After charges of using the term Chinese Virus, President Donald Trump called for protection of Asian Americans and said the spreading of the virus is not their fault.
Source: The Straits Times
- Iran rejects foreign assistance to combat COVID-19 regardless of the death toll reaching 2,000 and the offer from the France-based medical charity.
- The US media group asked China to reconsider their order on expelling 13 journalists claiming that this action put the access to critical information at stake.
- Indian Prime Minister announced that the country will be going into a lockdown, the world’s largest lockdown so far, with $2 billion emergency aid to fight COVID-19.
Source: TVNZ (https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/world/india-begin-worlds-largest-coronavirus-lockdown-tomorrow)
- China announced to lift the lockdown on Wuhan, the epicenter of the COVID-19 outbreak, after having fought a successful battle against it for more than 2 months.
Source: CNN (https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/24/asia/coronavirus-wuhan-lockdown-lifted-intl-hnk/index.html)
- The Philippines congress approved the bill on national emergency and authorised the President to launch an 18 million aid program to contain the Coronavirus pandemic.
Source: South China Morning Post
- The Japanese Government provided 310 million dollar to Cambodia to develop the road and landmine clearance by official development assistance (ODA) project.
Source: Thmey Thmey
- The Asian Development Bank forecasts that Cambodia will see estimated loss of more than $390 million as a consequence of the COVID-19 on economic activities.
Source: The Phnom Penh Post (https://www.phnompenhpost.com/business/cambodian-economy-will-be-worst-hit-asean-adb)
- The proposed National Road 10 connecting Tonle Sap Region to Southern Coastal Corridor encourages Cambodian cassava sector to continue to increase the value chain.
Source: Khmer Times
- Minister Sar Kheng said , we will lock down the villages if more than two cases infect the patients who returned from Thailand.
Source: Khmer Times (https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50705419/village-lockdowns-mulled-if-returning-workers-have-covid-19/)