- Vladimir has cemented his hold on power in Russia by backing the proposed constitutional amendment that would allow him to hold another two terms in the Kremlin.
- The Guardian (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/10/vladimir-putin-amendment-power-russia-2024)
- Israeli internal security service has been allowed to track patients’ smartphones in bid to help contain the spread of the coronavirus.
- Turkey and Russia have completed their first joint military patrol along a strategic highway in Syria’s northwestern region.
- The Al Jazeera (https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/03/syria-war-russia-turkey-joint-patrols-m4-highway-200315092148588.html)
- Germany tries to stop the US in the midst of her attempt to persuade a German company that is developing a coronavirus vaccine to move its research base to the US.
- Reuters (https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-germany-usa/germany-tries-to-halt-u-s-interest-in-firm-working-on-coronavirus-vaccine-idUSKBN2120IV)
- Trump has tested negative for the novel coronavirus, his physician said on Saturday, following concerns over his exposure to a disease that has paralyzed the globe.
- Thmey Thmey (https://cambodianess.com/article/trump-tests-negative-for-virus-as-us-expands-europe-traveler-ban)
- Malaysia has reported its biggest single-day jump in coronavirus cases, announcing 190 new confirmed patients, most of which are linked to gathering at mosque events.
- The Straits Times (https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/malaysia-reports-190-new-coronavirus-cases-most-linked-to-mosque-event)
- Japanese Economic Minister said the effect of COVID-19 on the economy could be worse than the 2008 financial crisis, calling for concrete measures to protect the economy.
- Japan Times (https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/03/15/business/economy-business/ldp-hiroshige-seko-tax-cut-coronavirus/#.Xm7TPqgzaUk)
- Jokowi said that he would have himself tested for the COVID-19 amid the concerns over the announcement that the minister of transportation had tested positive for the virus.
- The Jakarta Post (https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2020/03/15/jokowi-to-be-tested-for-covid-19-amid-heightened-concerns.html)
- The recent satellite image from a website based in US showed that specialized railcars were moving at NK’s main nuclear site, adding that they could be transporting fuel.
- The annual military exercise between Cambodia and China named Golden Dragon kicked off in Kampot with more than 3,000 soldiers on 17,000 hectare land.
- The National Assembly has approved of a new draft law that changed the name of Ministry of Industry and Handicraft to Industry, Science, Technology and Innovation.
- The Phnom Penh Post (https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ministrys-name-approved)
- The Ministry of Health confirmed four new cases of COVID-19, bringing a total 12 cases while the authority is tracing down people who attended a religious event in Malaysia.
- The US government, through USAID, will provide $2M for the immediate assistance for risk communication, community engagement and laboratory support for COVID-19.